2016, Voted Female Role Models
- Sylvia Plath | Author, writer
- Beyonce Knowles-Carter | Singer, actress
- Audrey Hepburn | Actress, singer, humanitarian
- Aung San Suu Kyi | Activist, politican
- Katharine Hepburn | Actress
- Malala Yousifazi | Activist
- Margaret Cavendish | Scientist, author
- Maya Angelou | Poet, author
- Elizabeth Garret Anderson | Physician, feminist
- Michelle Obama | Lawyer, advocate, First Lady of the United States
Creating Opportunities for Women
We believes that the diverse communities of women who live in towns and cities should enjoy a quality environment that is well designed, accessible, environmentally sustainable, affordable and safe, and to that end we seek to work with women to improve the urban environment.
We work with women and with statutory, voluntary and academic organisations to incorporate women's needs into the design of buildings, transport systems and open spaces.
We are a unique resource for consultancy, training, information, advice and research on issues related to women and the design of urban environments.
We have lots of useful information and links for parents trying to get to grips with what's going on in education, understanding literacy and numeracy, helping your child learn to read, educating their children at home and a wide range of websites for homework help.
Women in Business
We are passionate about encouraging, recognising and celebrating the extraordinary achievements of women in business.
We are dedicated to providing not only a platform for successful women through our annual awards, but to encourage and support their endeavours through scholarships, conferences and training.
Read more Creating Opportunities for Women